For the Junior interclub form click here.
Pete Stenberg Tennis - Professional Coach
021 2700 229
Junior Club Coaching
3-30pm to 5pm – Youth (12-18 years)
9-10.30am – Juniors (12 and under)
10.30am to 12.00pm – Youth (12-18 years)
There is potential to increase the Junior coaching to a 2nd night on Monday 3.30pm-5.00pm – however this is dependent on funding and numbers and will be advised.
This year I have also designed a coaching programme for juniors at the club that will help develop the children to a higher level.
Children will be offered the opportunity to be in a group of 6 players Maximum, based on age or ability.
They will receive a 1 hour lesson per week in their small intensive group.
Each programme runs for 7 weeks starting mid October.
I will be providing 4 different programmes to cater for all level of players based on ITF Mini Tennis / Grasshoppers / Prince Play and Stay methods .
Please check below and see what group best suits you and enrol by contacting Coach.
Age 4-8 years grouped by age, little or no experience needed.
This programme is a fun and exciting way for children to learn the basic motor skills and stroke production needed to play.
• Teaching correct technique and movement skills early.
• Large content of hand eye drills.
• Low compression balls and small courts will be used.
• Ball machines and teaching aids.
• Small groups 6 MAX.
Age 8-12 years grouped by ability.
This is for the child that has a year or so of experience at tennis. Designed to teach core skills, movement and stoke technique in a fun way.
• Games designed to get you playing ASAP.
• Drills to promote correct swing patterns and footwork.
• Teaching Aids ball machines.
• Fitness content involved.
• Low compression balls small rackets.
Age 12-16 grouped by Ability.
A programme for those that have had a few years experience or could be late starters. Will be put in groups that suit.
• Games based to get you hitting as many balls as possible.
• Drills for improving specific strokes and to teach tactics
• Fitness content involved
• Teaching aids and ball machines used
Grouped by ability - Invitation Only. PART FUNDED.
These squads are for those players that are senior interclub level or are playing at a National age group level.
• Fine tuning of stokes and movement skills
• Drills designed to work on specific weaknesses,
• Full fitness content
• Game based drills to feed your competitive side of you
• Max 4-5 per group
Starter, Little and Future Pro’s $100.00 per 7 week Programme.
High Performance please contact.
All enquiries to coach Pete Stenberg 021 2700 229 or 437 2194